Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bilge Mung & Beautiful Stainless Fuel Tanks



Apologies for the tardy posting my only excuse is that life has been busy enough to keep me away from Redwing.
A few hours on my knees in the bilge yielded this beautiful 5 gal. bucket of bilge mung aaahhhhh gotta love it. I then found the perfect use for Bud Light.............washing ones mouth out after siphoning 30+ gallons of very very old, scrody, scummy, rotten old gasoline. I had to resort to the old Oklahoma credit card because I had no power near by at the time. The old fuel was then suitably disposed of at the local hazmat facility. Each beautiful 55 gal tank has now been thoroughly cleaned by Macs Radiator here in Portland. They were so filthy that each baffled compartment had to be cut open for extra cleaning......they then spent 2 full weeks in their hot tank! I know I am jumping the gun. I won't need the tanks for a good long while but I have never smelled such sour fuel in my life, they would have stunk up any space I stored them!

No comments: