Monday, October 13, 2008

The End of "Redwing"......The Begining of "Glencannon"



In late May of this year I finally did what I should have done long ago. With a clear mind, a fresh yellow pad and my camera I went over Redwing inch by inch both inside and out. Many many pages of the pad were filled with the sad state that Redwing had fallen into before I bought her. When all the pages were collated into a plan of action it was obvious that she was too far gone. The rot in very vital areas was much too extensive. I would have spent more time repairing than building new from scratch and had a worse result in the end. It was a sad decision but one that realistically had to be made. Redwing must go. In late June Nick, myself and friends Dan and Neal spent a Saturday with a sawzall. Three trips to the dump and that was the end of Redwing. She had cared for her owners and crew for many years but at some point they ceased caring for her. She could not be brought back to life.
The summer progressed. After much discussion Nick and I remained devoted to a 26' Bartender. The design just suits our desires and aesthetics perfectly. We bought a set of plans and were poring over them as a first step to building new. In Late August a serendipitous email and craigslist link from Dan Mullholland set us on the path that we now follow.

2 comments:

polly said...

It's about time!

Anonymous said...

Searching for best cowboy boot you can check it here,this is made from USA.