Friday, April 13, 2007

Bringing her home


Saturday the 7th saw good friend Neal Naigus and I traveling down to Astoria to complete the purchase of Redwing. All went well with an amusing sidelight. Of course as could be expected the trailer lights were not operational but I had come prepared with a bucket of tools, test light, DVOM spare bulbs, wire and many crimp connectors. After about 45 min. of futility the little professional mechanics time clock in my brain began to chime loudly reminding me that this was taking to long for a tech of my experience and that I was losing money. I quickly stepped back mentally and reminded myself that this was not a customers car with an estimate and a deadline. Time was mine, to enjoy the process of diagnosis and repair for what it was, just the first problem to solve of many to come when embarking on a project of this magnitude. So on I went, hazards, and L turn ok but both L&R flashing together on R turn, no brakes, dim taillights etc etc and on and on. A funky ground was found and repaired, a big rain squall arrived....... Thankfully the seller Mr JC Bristow had a huge shop and allowed me to back down to work in the dry. He was also able to find amongst his things a long coil of flat trailer wire so I just rewired the whole shootin' match from stem to stern. Thank you JC that was a life saver! Off we went into the dusk taking Redwing up the Columbia to her new home. We were 55ft over all, truck and trailer!

1 comment:

appleorangutan said...

Looks awesome, Unk! Does it float?